Holiday programs include:
* Giving Thanks Day. Spent the Thanksgiving Day inside with the family? Well then come on out and enjoy a very different Black Friday. For this one special day, we’ll offer tours of the homes on Historic Huguenot Street for just $5 per person and get the first jump on the special gifts and vintage-style ornaments in the Museum Shop at the DuBois Fort Visitor Center. Make it a day with a visit to the unique shops of downtown New Paltz, which are just steps away. Friday, November 26th, 11am to 3pm.
* Photos with Vintage Santa. A real holiday favorite. For the third year in a row, Santa in all his vintage jolliness, will be visiting the Street. This year, he’ll be found at the hearth of the Jean Hasbrouck House. Photos by professional photographer France Menk. Saturday, November 27th and Saturday, December 4th, 11am to 2pm. $15 per sitting.
* Christmas Quest. The Deyo House manse, in all its Victorian splendor, will be turned over to the kids for two special days! Hidden among the holiday decorations will be items taken from the popular holiday favorites Twas the Night Before Christmas and These Are A Few Of My Favorites Things. All are invited to hunt for these hidden treasures and a holiday prize awaits all who do! Ages 4 and up. Saturday, November 27th and Saturday, December 4th, 11am to 2pm. $7 per child. Accompanying adults free.
* Candlelight Christmas: Holiday Tours of the Deyo House. At night, the Deyo House is the setting for very special holiday themed tours. Enjoy the house by the soft light of candles and Christmas light and see the Broadheads preparing for a turn-of-the-century holiday celebration. Saturday, November 27th and Saturday, December 4th. Tours at 7, 7:30 and 8. $12 per person in advance. $14 at the door.
* Storytime in the Deyo House. New this year is a unique opportunity for kids to enjoy holiday stories at the foot of the decked-out holiday tree in the Deyo House. Local actor and storyteller will delight kids with a wide variety of multi-cultural holiday favorites, including many loved standards and others such as El Regalo de Navidad (The Christmas Gift) and the story of the Maccabees triumph and the Hanukkah miracle. Saturday, December 4th, 11th, and 18th, 11am to 12pm. Limited to 25. FREE.
The Museum Shop at the DuBois Fort Visitor Center will be open every Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 3pm. The shop features a variety of exclusive items inspired by the collections at Historic Huguenot Street, unique and related books as well as a generous offering of vintage-inspired ornaments. Gift wrapping is always complimentary.
For more information about any of these holiday programs, visit