Stealing an idea from the Civil War blog TOCWOC, I thought I’d periodically post the ten best-selling books about New York history from Amazon. I took the liberty to separate the wheat from the chaff.
3. Tom Buk-Swienty, The Other Half: The Life of Jacob Riis and the World of Immigrant America
6. John F. Kasson, Amusing the Million: Coney Island at the Turn of the Century
7. Mark Kurlansky, The Big Oyster: History on the Half Shell
8. David McCullough, The Great Bridge: The Epic Story of the Building of the Brooklyn Bridge
10. Thurston Moore and Byron Coley, No Wave: Post-Punk. Underground. New York 1976-1980